PROFESSIONAL TRAINING PROGRAMME
Helping women thrive during the peri/menopause and beyond!
This programme provides busy health professionals with a solid introduction to the field of peri/menopause and mental health with a strong focus on the application of evidence-based psychological tools.
Re-launching on 21st May 2024
To register your interest in the next course, please fill in the form below:
Are you a psychologist, CBT Practitioner, mental health professional, coach or other health professional working with women that are navigating the menopause transition?
- While going through many years of clinical training, has anyone told you that there is a link between the sex hormones and mental health?
- Have you been taught about the impact of peri/menopause on mental health and its implications on women's day-to-day functioning?
- Do you know how to assess, formulate and adapt your therapeutic skills to work with women going through the menopause?
Join the Waiting List
If you answered 'NO' to any of the points above, then you are likely missing important aspects of women's emotional struggles during the menopause and your interventions are not as effective as they can be.
What can you do?
To address the psychological dimension of the menopause, talking therapies can help address the emotional side of this major life change. Among the array of psychological therapies, Cognitive Behavioural Therapies (CBT) are some of the most researched approaches that have a proven track record in helping individuals regain emotional wellbeing. CBT is endorsed by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence guidelines (NICE) and Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG) as the ‘go to’ talking therapy for dealing with the emotional difficulties related to the menopausal transition.
The Menopause CBT Clinic® has developed a psychological framework called EMBERS®, which is built upon the strong evidence-based principles of CBT.
EMBERS® Menopause-Informed CBT Model is a non-hormonal, six-stage psychological framework which informs the delivery of a psychological treatment for women experiencing emotional difficulties caused by the menopausal transition. The name EMBERS® is an acronym for 6 areas that when addressed, women can start regaining their emotional wellbeing and enjoy a more fulfilled life.
The foundation of the EMBERS® model rests upon a comprehensive framework that incorporates evidence-based principles from third wave CBT approaches and behavioural science. The model is underpinned by a bio-psycho-sociocultural understanding of human functioning and a neuroscientific comprehension of how menopause impacts on women’s brain and their mind.
EMBERS® endeavours to address the three dimensions of human functioning: body, mind and the relationship with ourselves, others and the world. Its objective is to assist women to learn strategies to restore balance within the body and mind, while addressing challenges related to self-identity during the peri/menopausal period.Join the Waiting List Now
I can only describe Simona’s EMBERS® Programme as life changing as I came to her at such a low point due to the impact that perimenopause had on my mental health. The positive impact of our sessions has been incredible offering tools and strategies that have allowed me to move past, what has been, one of the worst time in my life.
The next training will be released on 21st May 2024.
To ensure the highest quality of training, we are currently in the process of updating all the materials and re-record the content into high-quality video format. The new and improved training is scheduled for re-launch early in 2024 and will run for six consecutive weeks. This upgrade will enhance the quality of our teaching materials to ensure a better learning experience.
By joining the waitlist, you ensure that you are the first to receive updates about training availability and exclusive early access when registration reopens. This early access will allow you to secure the Early Bird discount if you book your place six weeks before the training commences.
I am a Conselling Psychologist and the Founder of the Menopause CBT Clinic®, a psychology practice dedicated to enhancing the psychological wellbeing of women navigating the menopause transition. Drawing on my clinical expertise in this area I have developed the EMBERS® Menopause-Informed CBT Model, a bio-psycho-social framework grounded in psychological principles supported by the best evidence-based research and interventions in mental and emotional wellbeing.
With over 20years of experience in the mental health field, I maintain professional registration and accreditation with several professional bodies, including HCPC, BPS, BABCP and BACP. Furthermore, I am a certified Lifestyle Medicine Professional and have achieved accreditation through the British Society of Lifestyle Medicine (BSLM).
In this training you will have access to:
- 15 Hours of Recordings: Gain access to the complete set of training recordings.
- PDF Slides and Materials: Alongside the recordings, you'll receive access to all presentation slides and materials in PDF format. This makes it easy for you to review and refer back to key points whenever you need them.
- Essential Resources: As part of this training package, you'll receive invaluable resources like the CBT assessment for Menopause form, Perimenopause Depression Scale Meno-D, Screening tool for menopause, and a comprehensive list of recommended reading materials.
- Engaging Zoom Sessions: You’ll have access to a series of 6 weekly 1.5hours Zoom sessions running on Tuesdays at 8pm (UK time). These sessions will be an opportunity to reflect on each module of the recorded material, encouraging interactive exchanges, group discussions and addressing any queries you may have. Every session will be recorded, granting you the flexibility to review them at your convenience should you not be able to attend the live sessions.
- Certificate of Completion: Upon the successful completion of the open book Quiz (70% required score) and filling in a course feedback form, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion for 25 hours of training.
- Bonus 1: a recorded presentations on Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) by Dr Jacqueline Boden, a respected GP with expertise in menopause.
- Bonus 2: a recorded presentation on ‘How can Lifestyle Medicine approaches can support a healthy menopause’ by Dr Charlotte Marriott, a Consultant Psychiatrist specialising in Lifestyle Medicine.
Early bird cost: £1000
(when booked booked before 31st March 2024).
To register your interest in the next course launching on 21st May 2024, please fill in the form below:
I really enjoyed attending this course and learning about the EMBERS model and strategies; I found Simona's style very enjoyable as she created a good space for open discussion.
- Clinical Psychologist
Excellent session! I very hope I can join the training in the EMBERS model. Simona presented as being incredibly knowledgeable and caring. She delivered the information in an accessible way, quite a challenge for the volume of areas to cover. Thank you!
I really found the event very informative and collaborative with good discussions and feedback.
- Clinical Psychologist
Assessment documents are really useful to use in sessions. The session boosted my confidence in my competence working with this age group.
- Chartered Psychologist
I have found the presentation very interesting and I'm keen to do the follow-on course for professionals later in the year.
How can EMBERS® help my practice?
The EMBERS® professional training programme is teaching the fundamentals of how to support women’s mental health and psychological wellbeing when they are going through the peri/menopause. The training will help you:
- Discover the implications of menopause on mental health.
- Learn how to carry out a menopause CBT informed assessment.
- Learn the 6 main steps of the EMBERS® Menopause-Informed CBT framework.
- Learn tools to help women address the main areas that can become imbalanced during the menopause (the body, the mind and the relationship with self, others and the world around them)
All information contained in this training package is based on the latest knowledge in the field of menopause, third wave CBT, neuroscience and behavioural science.
For health professionals who want to adopt the EMBERS® Menopause-Informed CBT Model in their clinical practice, we are offering a Certification Training Pathway.Learn More - EMBERS® Certification Pathway
The programme is structured around six modules and the themes covered are:
- Understanding Menopause: Impact on Mental Health
- Decoding Menopause: Understanding Severity Factors
- Effective Strategies for Symptom Management: What can we do?
- Menopause-Informed CBT assessment
- The ‘Body’ – The ‘E’ in EMBERS®
- E: Essentials: how to rebalance the body (Restore Mode)
- E: Essentials: how to rebalance the body (Restore Mode)
- The ‘Mind’ - The ‘M’+’B’+’E’ in EMBERS®
- M: Mind and Mindset - Transforming Negative Cognitions During Menopause
- B: Becoming - Empowering Women to Find Purpose in Transition
- E: Emotional Fitness - Befriending All Emotions During Menopause
- The ‘Environment’ – The ‘R’+’S’ in EMBERS®
- R: Relationships - Nurturing Relationships, Intimacy, and Sexuality
- S: Shape-Up - Fostering Lasting Behavioural Change
- Bringing it all together - Clinical applications, Case Presentations, and Discussions.
All modules include reflective exercises to support your thinking about how to integrate this learning and use it in your clinical practice.
If you are saying yes to all the points below, then this programme could be for you:
are you a mental health professional working with women age 40+?
are you looking to learn evidence-based tools to help women deal with the psychological signs of peri/menopause?
are you familiar with the basic principles of CBT?
are you willing to participate in small group discussions to apply the strategies learnt in each module?
are you able to access Zoom and use it effectively?
This programme is not designed to teach basic CBT theory and practice and it is assumed that participants have a basic understanding of the principles of CBT and its applications to clinical practice.
"I found the EMBERS® PTP to be an excellent course - the training was well-structured and comprehensive for an introductory training on the menopause and mental health topic."
Lila - Psychotherapist
- When you click the link below you will be be added to the waiting list.
- After going the waiting list you will receive an email to give you further details on the training.
- By joining the waitlist, you'll be the first to receive updates about training availability and exclusive early access when registration reopens.
- This early access will allow you to secure the Early Bird discount if you book your place six weeks before the training commences.